Quick Custom Mug DIY

This is one of those projects you need to keep ever-present in your mind, because it’s so simple, so quick, so cheap and SO VERSATILE! You’ve just got to see this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess for yourself! You’ll only need ceramic mugs (or plates! or bowls!) from the dollar store and sharpies (in any color!) to create approximately eighty gazillion different projects, perfect for any occasion! Here are just a few ideas I have:

• teacher gifts
  • grandparent gifts
  • DIY mug crafts at a kids party
  • fancy cheese plates for a grown up party
  • DIY wall art plates
  • fun coasters made from simple tiles
My brain is spinning with options! Is yours? What will you make using this awesome and simple tutorial?

{Make custom sharpie mugs}

19 Responses to Quick Custom Mug DIY

1. Michelle L. says:

I am hopping over there right this minute! thanks, B!

2. Boone Langston says:

This is so good to know! I already have so many ideas…

3. Britt says:

I don’t think sharpies bake in the oven, don’t they rub off afterwards? I’ve heard you can only use ‘special’ pens, like Porcelaine. If not, I’d love to know if these held up in the dishwasher/through multiple uses.

• kristen says:

Sharpies should not be used if its on a place that you will be eating from. like plates are not a good idea to use sharpies. for that you should use a porcelaine pen because it safe for that circumstance. It will be fine in the baking process

4. Amanda Miller says:

This actually doesn’t work…. I tried it and to test it I washed it with a sponge in the sink… it came right off. Sort of dissapointing!

5. I just tried it too :o( Very disappointed it didn’t work. Off to look for porcelain pens though!

6. Pingback: Wednesday Giveaway: Teacup & Saucer | Art Feeds

7. Pingback: pin babies | Good & Messy

8. Pingback: Gift Giving For The Poor And Destitute | Flat Broke Bride

9. Pingback: Make Wooly Willy Plates | Dollar Store Mom Frugal Fun – Crafts for Kids

10. Anna says:

Will it work on a glass mug? Just wondering…

11. Anna says:

Will it work on a glass mug? Just wondering…

• Breanna says:

I haven’t tried that myself, but I’d guess it would work. And if it doesn’t work, you haven’t lost anything, because you could just clean off any writing and be back to a blank mug. Worth giving it a try!

12. Annie says:

In my experience, Sharpie pens work great- but only if you buy oil-based Sharpies! Normal Sharpies don’t yield the same result. 🙂

13. Pingback: Custom Mugs | PN Commerce

14. Pingback: {DIY} Personalized Coffee Mugs | All Glorious

15. Pingback: DIY “Love” Vase for Valentines Day | Dollar Store Mom Frugal Fun – Crafts for Kids