Create a special Valentine’s Day breakfast for your sweetie or your kiddos with this simple and fun heart cut-out pancake recipe. For a special touch, serve with berries or berry syrup and whipped cream.
Valentine Heart Cut-Out Pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick pancake mix (or your favorite pancake mix)
- 1 cup of milk (we used almond milk for more flavor)
- 2 eggs
- A dash of food coloring of your choice, we used a Wilton gel food coloring for this exact color.
- Turn on your skillet or start the pan on low to medium heat.
- Beat the eggs together then add milk and Biquick, mix until just combined, trying not to over mix.
- Split the batter in half and into two pourable containers. Add just a small amount of the food coloring to one of the containers. Carefully fold the coloring in being sure not to mix more than needed. You will make both the colored and ‘natural’ bowls of pancakes just as typical pancakes on the skillet.
- When done let cool for a couple minutes before the fun really starts. Now it’s time for your little helpers to have some fun. Us different sized and style heart cookie cutters in the pink and natural colored pancakes.
- You can then have them mix and match the different sizes and colors together, eat the large piece with cut outs on its own or dip the small pieces into fruit and pure make syrup. Have fun with your little sweethearts!