The freezing weather we’ve had down here in Atlanta over the past month has me fantasizing about spring! Spring flowers, blue skies, and bare legs weather. I shared some awesome refashioned dress ideas over at Dollar Store Crafts back in January, and today I’m fantasy-sewing myself a closet full of spring and summer skirts! Want to join me?
1. Hemless A-Line Skirt – Instead of pressing and sewing a hem, this tutorial uses a contrasting band of fabric to save time without giving up good movement.
2. Socialite Skirt – This is a simple, pleated jersey skirt with a flattering wide waist band. So sweet and easy to wear!
3. Hopscotch Skirt – The cut of this skirt is similar to the Socialite, but it features a flirty bow at the waist.
4. T-Shirt Ruffle Skirt – Got an oversized tee in your stash, turn it into a cute skirt with plenty of flouncy ruffles.
5. Simple A-Line – An a-line skirt is flattering on anyone. This easy-to-make skirt is spring wardrobe staple!
6. Alligator Skirt – I love the tough look of this assymetrical skirt. You can dress it up or down, depending on which accessories you choose.
7. Simple Flouncy Skirt – Grab a yard or two of jersey fabric to make this light skirt that’s perfect for spring.
8. Maternity Skirt – Is your pregnancy wardrobe only equipped for winter? Transition to spring with a couple of these cute, simple skirts.
9. Elastic Waist Skirt – This skirt has pockets, and she includes instructions for making a maxi- or knee-length version.
10. Perfect Pleats Skirt – This is a more structured pleated skirt than the jersey ones above. Perfect for wearing to work or a spring wedding!