Happy almost new year! Winter weather starts getting serious in January. These are some fun indoor activities that your kids can do when they need a break from playing out in the freezing cold.
1. Make Snow Globes – Do you have plastic wine glasses for your new year’s eve party? Let your kids turn a few into pretty homemade snow globes! You can stash these away for next year’s tree!
2. Snow Paint – Peppermint extract gives this homemade paint a fresh, wintery scent.
3. Sparkling Play Dough – Make snowmen in the warm comfort of your kitchen table.
4. Erupting Snow – This is another way to bring snow play indoors. Your kids can mold “snow” creations and then watch them erupt when you drop them into a bowl of vinegar.
5. Ice Balloons – Turn the freezing temperatures into a science lesson.
6. Indoor Snowmen – You only need two ingredients to make shapeable “snow” for your kids.
7. Snowy Treasure Hunt – Your kid can work on learning shapes and colors with this snow hunt activity.
8. Yarn Snowman – Use some stash yarn to turn an old tin can into a cute snowman that your kids can use to store art supplies.
9. Snowflake Lanterns – Grab that Mod Podge and some glass jars from the recycle bin for this snowy indoor craft.
10. Salt Sensory Play – It doesn’t get much simpler than this sensory activity.